Tuesday, December 11, 2012

About Three Backpacks

Hi! Welcome to Three Backpacks. I am Wena, 27-year-old mom of one, and I will document what it’s like to travel the Philippines with a 4-year-old kid in tow.

travel with kids Philippines
Sput's first time to see, touch, hear, and smell a beach. Circa 2010. San Juan Beach, Palompon, Leyte
As our little girl gets older, we noticed that she’s turning into a maarte aka high-maintenance chic (says “ewww” and  “oh, come on” with a twang, thanks to Cartoon Network). Although that’s sooo cute right now, we know it would get on our nerves sooner or later.  So now that she’s four, we decided it’s time that she get her hands (a little)dirty, sleep in (slightly) uncomfortable places, endure(a few) hours of bumpy travel and just experience many crazy things with us while we still look good in pictures.

As for Hugo and me, our domestic life is an adventure in itself- lots of crazy fights and boring moments in between. But if we’re to tell you our story, we’d put you to sleep in a minute.  That’s because it’s not really that inspiring…yet. We both love to travel and we used to talk about it before I got pregnant but BAM! life happened so fast we never got the chance to go anywhere.  Fast-forward four years, and we’ve settled in a domestic routine- groceries, TV, prayers before dinner, general cleaning, PTA meetings, malling, preparing the week's menu, paying the bills.  I’m okay with all of that because well…they’re just part of life but I want something more. At the very least, I want to break away from the routine once in a while.

Since Hugo is a mountaineer and I’m a “planner” (organized bitch), I guess we're ready to go exploring. The only concern now is money. I don’t know how we can keep this up while planning for Marion’s college fund and our retirement and our health insurance and…and…oh crap! I guess we’ll just see. 

Holler if you love traveling with your kids! Let’s swap houses and crazy travel stories.





No comments:

Post a Comment